Vanderbilt GCC Consulting focuses on assisting local Nashville companies with planning and management of business operations in China.
Vanderbilt GCC Consulting seeks to leverage its consultants’ cultural and economic knowledge to help clients achieve their various goals and objectives in China. Vanderbilt GCC Consulting offers its services pro bono.
- Fluency in both Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese
- Experience in financial modeling and analysis
- Global consulting experience
- Direct work experience at several Chinese companies including: China Mobile, frog design, and Simon Murray
- Knowledge of Chinese culture, market, and consumer 6. Direct connections with businesspeople working in China
Vanderbilt GCC TEAM:
The team is comprised of Vanderbilt University students who are members of the Global China Connection: The world’s largest student-run non-profit organization dedicated to building bridges between China and the international community. The team members are actively engaged in strengthening and promoting Sino-American relationships.
Tyler Godoff, Boston, MA
- Major: Human Organizational Development; Minor: Corporate Strategy
- Study abroad experience: Fudan University in Shanghai
- Work experience in China at China Mobile, the world’s largest mobile network
- Work experience in the U.S. at Morgan Stanley, Fidelity Investments, and Nadastra, a global consulting firm
Jim Witherspoon, Nashville, TN
- Major: Economics; Minors: Financial Economics and Corporate Strategy
- Work experience in equity research, economic research, and manufacturing
- Will begin as an investment banking analyst for Bank of America Merrill Lynch in July 2010
Wynne Lam, Hong Kong, China
- Major: Economics; Minors: Financial Economics and Japanese
- Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin, and Japanese
- Work experience in China at Simon Murray & Company (Hong Kong) and Hutchison Port Holdings (Hong Kong)
- Research experience in the Chinese containership and auto-leasing sectors
Nancy Tan, Union City, TN
- Majors: Mathematics & East Asian Studies; Minor: Economics
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese; Conversational in Chaozhou Chinese
- Study abroad experience: Capital Normal University in Beijing and Donghua University in Shanghai
- Work experience in China at Creative Director at the Shanghai branch of frog design, inc.
Tyler Bradford Godoff
President, GCC | Vanderbilt University
Cell (US) 636.388.8160
Cell (CN): 158.2186.8470